Decadent Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes Recipe
Welcome to my kitchen, where I take pride in crafting the most irresistible desserts that will leave you and your guests feeling completely satisfied. Today, I want to share with you one of my absolute favorite dulce de leche creations: molten dulce de leche cakes.
These cakes are a stunning treat that no one can resist. With their gooey, rich centers oozing with sweet caramel filling, they’re sure to leave a lasting impression on anyone who tries them. The perfect combination of sweet and indulgent, these cakes will ignite your taste buds like nothing else.
As a chef specializing in Brazilian and American cuisine, it’s incredibly important for me to create recipes that blend the flavors of both cultures in a unique and exciting way. And let me tell you, these molten dulce de leche cakes do just that.
Whether you’re looking to impress your dinner guests or indulge in something decadent for yourself, this recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. So grab your apron, preheat your oven, and let’s get started on making some mouth-watering molten dulce de leche cakes together.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I must admit that I am slightly obsessed with this Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes Recipe, and it’s not just because of my sweet tooth. This decadent dessert combines the richness of caramel with the satisfaction of a warm, gooey cake that is simply irresistible. Let me tell you why you’ll love this recipe as much as I do!
Firstly, these lava cakes are incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients like all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, and dulce de leche, you can create a cake that looks and tastes like it was made by an expert pastry chef. The recipe yields 2-3 cakes, perfect for a cozy date night or an intimate gathering with friends.
Secondly, the molten lava center is what makes this cake truly special. As you dig your spoon into the soft exterior, the warm dulce de leche lava oozes out, a contrast of temperatures that creates a euphoric sensory experience. This cake is best served fresh out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to balance out the richness.
Finally, this recipe is versatile and can be customized to suit your preferences. Experiment with different flavors like semi-sweet chocolate or add in some nuts for texture. You can even try making these cakes with store-bought dulce de leche if you’re in a hurry.
In conclusion, this Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes Recipe is the ultimate dessert for any occasion. It’s simple to make, has an irresistibly rich flavor profile, and can be tailored to your liking. Trust me; once you try this recipe, it will quickly become one of your favorites!
Before you start making the Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients. Here is what you will need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces (plus more for greasing ramekins)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting ramekins)
- 2/3 cup dulce de leche (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Note: You can also add a scoop of ice cream on top before serving the Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes.
The Recipe How-To
Now it’s time for the exciting part, actually making these incredible Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes!
Step 1: Preheat and Butter Ramekins
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and butter 2 (6 oz) ramekins generously. Dust with flour to ensure easy release of the cakes once they are baked.
Step 2: Melt The Butter
In a medium bowl, melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter in the microwave for about 1 minute until just melted.
Step 3: Add Dulce De Leche
To the melted butter, add 1/2 cup dulce de leche and whisk until smooth.
Step 4: Mix Together Dry Ingredients
In a separate medium bowl, mix together 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp baking powder and sift them through a fine-mesh sieve to ensure a light texture for the lava cake.
Step 5: Combine Batter
Add the dry ingredients mixture into the wet ingredients in three parts, mixing well after each addition. Then add 2 large eggs and 2 egg yolks, one at a time, while continuously whisking until well combined.
Step 6: Fill Ramekins
Divide the batter evenly among your two ramekins. Each ramekin should be filled about two-thirds of the way full.
Step 7: Bake
Bake the cakes on a baking sheet in preheated oven for around 18-20 minutes, or until the top is no longer glossy and look set. The sides should begin to pull away from the ramekin slightly when done.
Take out of the oven and let it cool for about one minute before turning out onto serving plates. Garnish with powdered sugar or a scoop of ice cream and enjoy it while the molten dulce de leche lava is still warm and gooey.
With these simple steps, you can make a leche lava cake that will leave your guests absolutely stunned.
Substitutions and Variations
Substitutions and variations can take a recipe from good to great, especially if you’re accommodating food allergies or preferences. Here are some ideas for adapting this molten dulce de leche cakes recipe:
– Use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour. This will make the cake safe for those who are gluten intolerant.
– Experiment with different flavors of dulce de leche or try making your own. You could also try using caramel sauce instead.
– Add a layer of sliced bananas or strawberries on top of the batter before baking.
– Top each cake with a scoop of ice cream (vanilla or caramel flavors are especially complementary) for an extra indulgent treat.
– Substitute the semi-sweet chocolate with milk chocolate or dark chocolate for a different taste profile.
– Add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter for a hint of spice.
The possibilities are endless, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make this recipe your own!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes, there’s no wrong answer. However, I have some pairing suggestions that will elevate the experience and take it to the next level.
First and foremost, the most obvious choice is to serve the Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes with a scoop of ice cream on top. Vanilla ice cream is a crowd-pleaser, but you can also go for flavors like caramel or coffee to complement the dulce de leche flavor.
If you want to keep it simple or don’t have ice cream on hand, you can sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of each cake before serving. This adds a touch of sweetness and provides a nice contrast to the rich flavor of the cakes.
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to add some texture, consider topping the cakes with chopped nuts like almonds or pecans. The crunchiness of the nuts will balance out the softness of the cake and add another layer of flavor.
For those who want to make it even more indulgent, drizzle chocolate sauce over each cake. The combination of chocolate and dulce de leche is unbeatable!
Another pairing that works incredibly well with Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes is coffee or espresso. The bitterness of either beverage helps cut through the richness of the cakes and brings out their flavors.
Finally, if you’re serving this dessert for a special occasion or want to make it feel extra fancy, pair it with a glass of dessert wine like port or sherry. This combination will take your taste buds on a journey and elevate your dining experience.
In conclusion, there are many ways to serve and pair Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes. Whether you stick with classic toppings like ice cream and powdered sugar or get creative with unique combinations, your taste buds are guaranteed to be satisfied.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As a chef, I understand that preparing desserts can be time-consuming, especially if you plan on serving them for a special occasion. Therefore, I suggest that you make-ahead the Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes to save some precious time.
One option is to prepare the cakes in advance and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake them. Simply cover the ramekins tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and keep them in the fridge for up to 24 hours. This technique will also enhance the flavor of the cakes and give them a denser texture.
Another option is to freeze the uncooked cakes for later use. After preparing the batter, fill buttered ramekins halfway and freeze them for a few hours. Once frozen, carefully remove the cakes from the ramekins and place them in ziplock bags. Label the bags with a date and store them in your freezer for up to one month.
To reheat the refrigerated or frozen cakes, preheat your oven at 375°F. Bake refrigerated cakes for 12-15 minutes and frozen cakes for 18-20 minutes or until the edges have set but the center is still gooey.
You can also microwave refrigerated Molten Dulce de Leche Cakes. Pop them onto a microwave-safe plate and microwave at medium-high power for 10-20 seconds or until their centers start to ooze.
Finally, let’s discuss storing Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes leftovers. You can either store your leftover cake batter in an airtight container in your fridge for up to three days or store your baked leftovers tightly wrapped at room temperature or in your fridge for one day.
I hope these make-ahead tips will help you impress your guests without any last-minute struggles on the day of your event! And don’t forget to serve it alongside some vanilla ice cream for a heavenly treat!
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure you get the best possible results for these Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Use good quality ingredients: Since this recipe has only a few ingredients, it’s important to use the best ones possible. Make sure to use high-quality dulce de leche and unsalted butter for the best flavor.
2. Room temperature ingredients: Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before starting to mix them together. This will help them mix together more evenly and create a smoother batter.
3. Don’t overmix: When mixing the ingredients together, take care not to overmix the batter. Stop once all the ingredients are combined, otherwise the cakes can become dense or tough.
4. Properly grease your ramekins: Be sure to liberally grease your ramekins with softened butter or non-stick cooking spray. This will help prevent the cakes from sticking to the sides and make it easier to remove them once baked.
5. Check doneness carefully: The cooking time for these cakes can vary depending on your oven and the size of your ramekins. Keep an eye on them during baking and remove them from the oven once the edges look firm but the centers still look slightly jiggly.
6. Let cakes rest before serving: Once removed from the oven, let the cakes cool down in their ramekins before gently flipping them out onto a plate. This allows them to set up properly and avoid becoming too runny.
By following these tips, you’ll have delicious and perfectly-cooked Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes every time. Served hot with vanilla ice cream, they will make an impressive finale for any meal!
Now that you have all the information you need to make your very own Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes, let’s dive into some frequently asked questions and answers to ensure your success!
What is dulce de leche cake made of?
If you haven’t had the pleasure of tasting dulce de leche yet, then get ready for a delightful and flavorful experience. Essentially, it is condensed milk that has been transformed into a delectable, caramel-esque creation. While it is easily available for purchase, I will show you how to whip up a batch from scratch in the comfort of your own kitchen.
What is molten cake made of?
The quintessential components of molten chocolate cakes consist of flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and chocolate.
Where is dulce de leche cake from?
The history of dulce de leche dates back to the sixteenth century when it was first prepared in Indonesia. It is believed to have been transported to the Philippines, where it was later taken by the Spanish empire to Spain and eventually to America.
In conclusion, these Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes are the perfect dessert for any occasion. From its irresistible taste and texture to the flexibility of variations, everyone will love them. These cakes are an impressive addition to any dinner party, festive gathering or even just a romantic night in.
With this recipe, substitutions and variations are easy to achieve while still keeping the delectable taste of this dessert. Serve it with your favorite ice cream flavor or topped with chocolate sauce for a satisfying finish.
These Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes are a beautiful dessert to impress your family and friends, without too much effort. And with these tips, you can be sure you’ll get perfect results every time.
So go ahead and try out this delectable recipe today! And don’t forget to share it with those you love – they’ll thank you for it!
Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes Recipe
- unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (plus more for ramekins)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 2/3 cups dulce de leche (preferably Nestle)
- ice cream (vanilla or banana)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter and flour 6 (4 oz) ceramic ramekins; transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and egg in a medium bowl until doubled in volume and eggs hold a slight ribbon, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add dulce de leche; beat until well blended, then gradually add 2 1/2 tablespoons flour; beat until well blended. Divide batter among ramekins.
- Transfer sheet to oven. Bake cakes until outsides are golden brown in color but the centers still jiggle, 12–14 minutes.
- Transfer sheet to a rack. Run a knife around edges of ramekins to loosen cakes; invert onto plates or into shallow bowls. Serve hot with ice cream.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Dora is a chef well-versed in Brazilian and American cuisine. After a hard day's work in the kitchen of her restaurant, she finds the time to jot down recipes for her food blog. Her recipes are sure to delight foodies everywhere, as she strives to make each one unique and enjoyable to read.