Welcome to my kitchen! Today, I’m excited to share with you an incredible recipe that is sure to satisfy your cravings for both Brazilian and American cuisine. This recipe is for Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical, a one-pot wonder that brings together the best of both worlds.
If you’re not familiar with it, Arroz Con Pollo is a classic Latin American dish that translates to “rice with chicken.” Typically made with chicken thighs, green peppers, garlic, peas, and a variety of flavorful herbs and spices, it’s an easy-to-prepare and delicious meal that’s perfect for feeding a hungry crowd.
But this recipe takes things to the next level by incorporating a popular Puerto Rican seasoning called Badia Sazón Tropical. This blend of tropical coriander and annatto provides a burst of vibrant flavor that will make your taste buds sing. Trust me; once you try this dish, you’ll be hooked.
Whether you’re cooking for your family or hosting a dinner party with friends, Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical is sure to be a hit. So grab your apron, let’s get cooking!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
The Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical recipe is a heavenly combination of chicken, rice, and tropical seasonings that will take your taste buds on a trip to paradise. Here’s why you’ll love this recipe:
Firstly, it’s a one-pot cook which implies that you can save both time and energy. You won’t have to worry about juggling multiple pans or utensils while trying to whip up the perfect meal. This recipe makes everything easy and you only need a single pot to make it.
Secondly, this dish is packed with flavorful ingredients like sazon, cilantro, garlic, and peppers that will infuse every bite with delicious goodness. The Sazon Tropical seasoning has an unbeatable blend of tropical spices like coriander annatto that guarantees an authentic Latin American taste.
Thirdly, the combination of tender chicken thighs and aromatic rice creates the perfect balance in this dish. The chicken absorbs all the flavors from the seasonings and gets incredibly tender while the rice becomes delectably infused.
Lastly, this recipe is incredibly versatile. You can adjust the spices according to your preferences, add in different vegetables like peas or olives for added texture and nutrition or swap out chicken thighs for chicken breast or drumsticks.
Overall, this Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical recipe ticks all the boxes for a crowd-pleasing meal: it’s easy, flavorful and versatile. Give it a try and see just how quickly it becomes a family favorite!
Let’s gather all the ingredients you’ll need for this hearty and flavorful Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical Recipe. The following recipe covers eight servings, so make sure to adjust the quantities accordingly if you’re cooking for more or fewer people.
The Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazón Tropical Ingredients
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp of Badia Sazón Tropical
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of long-grain rice
- 4 cups of water
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) of green peas, drained
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- ½ cup of green olives with pimentos sliced
- 1 packet of sazón seasoning or homemade version:
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon annatto powder
- Mix all ingredients together to use as a substitution for the sazón packet.
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
Pro-tip: Instead of chicken thighs, you can use a combination of boneless and skinless chicken breast and thighs/drumsticks.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gathered all the ingredients, let’s get started with the recipe. This one-pot dish is an easy and delicious way to enjoy some Puerto Rican cuisine right at home. Here’s how to create this Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical Recipe:
Step 1: Prepare the Chicken
First, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in 8 skinless chicken thighs with bones, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
Step 2: Add the Aromatics
Next, add in 1 diced green bell pepper, 4 minced garlic cloves, and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro to the pot. Cook until the vegetables are softened and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
Step 3: Incorporate Flavors
Pour in 2 cups of water and add the sazon seasoning. You can use either ready-made Badia Sazón Tropical or make your homemade sazon by mixing together equal parts of ground coriander, garlic powder, annatto powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and paprika.
In addition to the sazon seasoning, mix in a splash of vinegar (1 tbsp) and some green olives to infuse even more flavor into this chicken-rice stew.
Step 4: Add Rice to Pot
Now it’s time for rice! Add rice (2 cups) to the pot and stir well to combine everything together evenly.
Step 5: Cook Until Done
Bring this mixture up to a high simmer then reduce heat to low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid for around 25-30 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked like you would cook rice arroz con in Colombia or Arroz con Pollo Puerto Rico You may also use a pressure cooker if you prefer.
Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for an extra few minutes before removing the lid.
Step 6: Garnish and Serve
Once the dish is ready, garnish with chopped cilantro and additional green olives. Serve hot and enjoy all the flavors of this tropical recipe food Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical Recipe.
Substitutions and Variations
Ah, the beauty of cooking! As with any recipe, it is always fun to play around with substitutions and variations until you find the perfect taste for your liking or dietary restrictions. Here are some ideas to inspire your creativity when making Arroz con Pollo y Sazon Tropical:
– Rice: You can definitely use different types of rice such as jasmine, basmati or brown rice. Just follow their respective package instructions as the water ratio and cooking time may vary.
– Protein: If you’re not a fan of chicken, you can swap it for other proteins such as shrimp, chorizo or even tofu to make it vegetarian-friendly. Cook your protein accordingly before adding it to the pot.
– Vegetables: The beauty of this recipe is that you can add whatever vegetables you like! Try adding corn, carrots, zucchini or green beans to mix things up.
– Sazon: You can create your homemade sazon seasoning by mixing spices such as garlic powder, cumin and coriander. Or if you prefer pre-made seasonings, you can switch Badia Sazon Tropical for Goya or create a Colombian arroz con pollo by replacing it with Colombian chicken and yellow rice seasoning.
– Cooking Method: While we recommend using a pot to cook this dish one-pot style, you can also make it in a pressure cooker for faster results or bake it in the oven for a crispy finish.
Remember that in cooking, there are no rules! Feel free to add your personal touch to this delicious Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical recipe. Have fun experimenting!
Serving and Pairing
Once our Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical recipe is ready, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy its delicious flavors. This rice stew is a complete meal in itself but can be paired with some additional sides to create a more fulfilling experience.
To begin with, you can always garnish your plate with some freshly chopped cilantro leaves to add a pop of freshness and color. A little bit of extra sea salt or hot sauce may also enhance the flavors according to your preference.
As for pairing options, a light salad with vinegar-based dressing can complement this rice dish really well. You can also pair this recipe with some steamed vegetables such as broccoli or carrots to give it a healthy boost. For a heartier meal, serve the arroz con pollo with some warm crusty bread or corn tortillas on the side.
If you’re looking for some drink options to go along with this dish, a refreshing glass of lemonade or iced tea would be an excellent choice. And if you’re feeling more adventurous, why not add a touch of Puerto Rico to your meal and try a classic piña colada cocktail?
However, this Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical recipe is flavorful enough to stand alone, making it perfect for potlucks, family gatherings or even served as leftovers the next day. It’s an excellent way to bring warmth and comfort to the table any time of year!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about this Arroz Con Pollo y Sazón Tropical recipe is how easy it is to make ahead and store for later. If you’re someone who prefers meal prepping or loves being able to save leftovers for the next day, this recipe is perfect for you.
To make ahead, simply assemble the dish as directed in the recipe and refrigerate it until you’re ready to eat. The flavors will meld together even more overnight, making it taste even better the next day. When you’re ready to serve, reheat it on medium-low heat on the stovetop or in the microwave until it’s hot all the way through.
When storing leftovers, make sure to use an airtight container or wrap tightly with plastic wrap to keep the rice from drying out. This recipe stores well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you find yourself with too much leftover rice, you can repurpose it into a delicious rice salad by adding some fresh vegetables and dressing. It’s a great way to prevent food waste and enjoy another tasty meal.
Reheating this dish is incredibly easy – simply warm it up on low heat on the stovetop or in the microwave until heated through. You may need to add a splash of water or chicken broth to prevent the rice from drying out as you reheat it.
Overall, this Arroz Con Pollo y Sazón Tropical recipe is versatile, stores well, and reheats beautifully – making it a perfect meal for busy weeknights or for anyone who enjoys meal prepping.
Tips for Perfect Results
As a chef who specializes in both Brazilian and American cuisine, I can guarantee that these tips will help you achieve perfect results when making Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical Recipe.
1. Rinse the rice thoroughly: To ensure that the rice is fluffy and not sticky, rinse it with cold water until the water runs clear. This will also remove any excess starch and impurities from the rice.
2. Use high-quality chicken: The chicken is the main ingredient in this recipe, so it’s important to use high-quality chicken. I recommend using skinless chicken thighs because they are tender and flavorful.
3. Make your own sazon seasoning: While store-bought sazon seasoning is convenient, making your own will give you better control over the flavor. Mix together coriander, cumin, annatto powder, garlic salt, and oregano for a homemade seasoning.
4. Cook on low heat: This recipe is all about slow-cooking to bring out the flavors of each ingredient. Cook on low heat for about 30-40 minutes to create a rich and aromatic dish.
5. Let it sit before serving: Allow the dish to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving to allow the rice to fully absorb all the flavors from the chicken and seasonings.
By following these simple tips, you’ll create a delicious and authentic Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical Recipe that will impress your taste buds and guests alike.
As cooks and foodies, we know that sometimes you might have questions about a specific recipe, or maybe how to substitute some ingredients or adjust cooking techniques. Below you’ll find some of the most asked questions regarding this classic Arroz con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical Recipe. From how to pronounce “sazón” to cooking time in a pressure cooker, keep scrolling to find out more!
How do you use Sazon tropical seasoning?
If you want to elevate the flavor of your rice, stews, or soups to a tropical level, I recommend adding Badia’s Sazón Tropical® with Coriander & Annatto. This seasoning mixes the zesty taste of coriander and the vibrant color of annatto with other flavorful spices from the islands. For best results, use one teaspoon of this seasoning blend per dish.
How do you use Goya Sazon?
Top Latin chefs swear by Sazón GOYA® as the key ingredient to creating delicious meals. Our range of flavorful options, including a salt-free version, is specifically designed to elevate the taste and appearance of your favorite dishes. Simply tear open the packet and add to soups, stews, sauces, rice, and beans for an added boost of savory goodness.
Why is my arroz con pollo mushy?
For tonight’s dinner, I suggest cooking a one-pot dish called Arroz con Pollo, which pairs deliciously with plantains. To ensure the perfect texture, it’s important to be mindful of the amount of water added and the cooking time, so as to avoid any potential mushiness.
What ethnicity is arroz con pollo?
A popular Latin American dish, Arroz con Pollo, is a close relative of the classic paella. This dish incorporates chicken, rice, onions, and saffron, along with other grains or vegetables to create a hearty and flavorful meal.
in Brené Brown Style:
As you finish reading this recipe article, I want to invite you into my kitchen and my family traditions. This Arroz con Pollo y Sazón Tropical recipe is not just any dish, it represents the blend of my Puerto Rican heritage and my love for American cuisine.
By cooking this dish, not only will you delight in the savory flavor of this one-pot rice stew, but you will also join me in honoring and celebrating our cultural diversity. The aroma of cilantro, garlic, bell peppers, and green olives will make your mouth water and your family rejoice.
In this recipe article, I have shared with you my passion for cooking and my favorite tips for a perfect result. From how to use Badia Sazón seasoning to substituting chicken thighs with chicken breasts or drumsticks, I have got you covered.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and let’s bring some tropical sunshine into your kitchen. Whether you are following this recipe to the letter or creating your twist on it, remember that food is not just about satisfying your hunger; it is about connection, memories, and love.
Thank you for entrusting me with your taste buds and joining me on this culinary adventure. I cannot wait for you to try this Arroz con Pollo y Sazón Tropical recipe and let me know how it turned out. Remember that food brings people together and can be the start of a beautiful conversation. Buen provecho!
Arroz Con Pollo Y Sazon Tropical Recipe
- 1 3/4 lbs chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons tropical seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 jalapeno, Diced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes in their own puree
- 1 teaspoon tropical seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup peas
- 1 cup rice
- Combine chicken, 2 tblps oil, and 4 tsps Sazon Tropical.
- Place chicken mixture in a 12" saute pan.
- saute till liquid disappears.
- set chicken aside in a bowl.
- in sautee pan add 2 tblsps oil and onion, sautee for 1 minute.
- add jalapeno & bell pepper, sautee for 1 minute.
- add green olives, sautee for 1 minute.
- add garlic, sautee for 1 minute.
- add cilantro, sautee for 1 minute.
- add tomato, sautee for 1 minute.
- add sazon tropical, water, sea salt, peas, and rice.
- add chicken on top.
- Cover & simmer on lowest setting on smallest burner for 30 minutes.
- Let sit covered for 15 minutes.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Dora is a chef well-versed in Brazilian and American cuisine. After a hard day's work in the kitchen of her restaurant, she finds the time to jot down recipes for her food blog. Her recipes are sure to delight foodies everywhere, as she strives to make each one unique and enjoyable to read.