Spicy and Flavorful Frankfurter Ceviche Recipe
Welcome to the world of fusion cuisine where we combine the flavors of Brazil and America in one dish. In this recipe, I will be sharing with you my family’s secret Frankfurter Ceviche recipe which is well-loved and cherished by everyone who tries it.
The origins of Ceviche are traced back to Peru, but over the years, it has become a popular dish all over Latin America. Our Frankfurter Ceviche recipe is a fusion of Peruvian ceviche and Mexican-style hot dogs, and it’s perfect for any occasion. It’s savory, spicy, refreshing, and most significantly, easy to prepare.
This dish is just like a crossroad: it’s where classic ceviche meets the delicious flavor of hot dogs or salchichon & salchichas al estilo sinaloa. The tangy fresh lime juice, salt, and pepper with an added zing from jalapenos come together in a melange of flavors for this zesty recipe. And, we guarantee that you’ll find yourself lost in the blend of flavors after one bite.
So, whether it’s for your next family dinner at home or BBQ Sunday with friends or even just as a midday snack, prepare yourself to indulge in this unique and mouthwatering Frankfurter Ceviche recipe that will take your taste buds on a ride you’ll never forget!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of the same old hot dog recipes? Are you looking to spice things up in the kitchen with a unique and flavorful dish? Look no further than my Frankfurter Ceviche recipe!
Not only is this dish easy to prepare, but it’s also bursting with fresh flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The combination of chopped frankfurters or vienna sausages, fresh lime juice, chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño creates a zesty and unforgettable flavor profile.
This Frankfurter Ceviche recipe isn’t just another mundane meal – it’s a vibrant and delicious way to bring excitement to your table. Plus, it’s perfect for sharing at parties or as a tasty snack for game nights.
But the best part about this dish? It’s versatile! You can customize the recipe based on your preferences by adding other ingredients like chopped ham or chicken. Or perhaps switch up the spices by using different types of peppers or salt. The possibilities are endless with this Frankfurter Ceviche recipe!
So don’t hesitate any longer – try out my Frankfurter Ceviche recipe today and experience the explosion of flavors that this unique dish has to offer.
Before starting to prepare the Frankfurter Ceviche, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients on hand. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups of chopped frankfurters or Vienna sausages
- 1 cup of chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup of chopped white onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro leaf
- For a spicier version, you can substitute the jalapeño pepper with a spicier type of pepper.
- You can also add some chopped avocado for a creamier texture.
- You can use different types of sausages such as chorizo or ham to create different flavors.
- If you want to make a chicken or beef version, replace the sausage with cooked and shredded chicken or beef.
Make sure you use only the freshest ingredients available to ensure the best possible flavor for your ceviche.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gone through the ingredients, let’s start making our Frankfurter Ceviche. This ceviche recipe is so easy and quick to make, perfect for a snack or a party food. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Prepare the Frankfurters
- Start by slicing 2 cups of vienna sausages or frankfurters into small pieces, around ½ inch thick.
- Place them in a bowl and add just enough fresh lime juice to cover them. This will help cook the frankfurters and infuse them with citrus flavors.
Step 2: Add the Vegetables
- Now it’s time to add some vegetables and aromatics. We will need:
- 1 cup of chopped tomato
- ½ cup of chopped white onion
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- A handful of cilantro leaf finely chopped
Step 3: Season it
- Once you added all of the vegetables, it’s time to season our ceviche de salchichas o salchichon. Use about 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper, but feel free to adjust according to your preferences.
Step 4: Mix It
- Use your hand or a spoon to mix all ingredients together really well until everything is well coated in lime juice.
Step 5: Let it Marinate
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and place it in the fridge for at least an hour, but preferably overnight. The longer it marinates, the better!
Step 6: Enjoy
- Finally, before serving, give your ceviche de salchicha a good stir to make sure everything is mixed evenly. Serve it with chips or crackers as a snack, or as part of a larger meal as a side dish.
There you have it, folks! A delicious Frankfurter Ceviche recipe that puts a fun spin on the classic ceviche recipe. Remember, if you want to experiment with different ingredients, you can always substitue the frankfurters with other types of sausages like salchichas de pollo, de jamón, or even salchichas chorizos. Get creative and try out new things!
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re feeling adventurous, try experimenting with different types of sausages or meats when making this dish. Vienna sausages work best for this recipe, but you can also try using hot dogs, chorizo or salchichón.
For a healthier option, consider substituting the pork and beef sausages with chicken sausage. You can also experiment with different types of fish to create a unique seafood ceviche.
If you are not a fan of cilantro, parsley is an excellent alternative herb that can be used in its place. Other herbs like thyme or oregano can also add some lovely flavours to your ceviche.
If you want to spice things up, add some chopped serrano peppers or habanero peppers to your ceviche. These will give the dish an extra kick and will be perfect for those who love spicy food.
You can also add some vegetables like diced cucumber, sweet corn kernels or even diced avocado to add more flavour and texture to the dish.
For a non-traditional twist on this recipe, consider adding some bacon bits or even topping off your ceviche with some crumbled bacon. If you’re serving this as a snack or appetizer, consider pairing it with some salty tortilla chips.
No matter what substitutions or variations you make to this frankfurter ceviche recipe, one thing is certain, you’re sure to have a delicious and unique dish that everyone will enjoy.
Serving and Pairing
Once you’ve made your delicious Frankfurter Ceviche, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy it! This dish is perfect for hot summer days when you want something refreshing and light to eat. It’s best served cold, so make sure to keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
Frankfurter Ceviche is a great appetizer or snack that pairs well with a variety of drinks. A cold beer or a glass of white wine would be the perfect accompaniment, as they help to balance out the acidity of the lime juice. For those who want something non-alcoholic, a chilled glass of lemonade would also pair well.
When it comes to pairing food with Frankfurter Ceviche, there are many options. Some people like to spoon the ceviche onto crackers or tortilla chips for a delicious crunchy treat. Others prefer to serve it up on top of rice or alongside other small plates such as guacamole or salsa.
If you’re looking for a more substantial meal, try serving Frankfurter Ceviche alongside grilled chicken or fish tacos. The combination of spicy and citrusy flavors makes for a truly mouthwatering experience.
No matter how you choose to serve your Frankfurter Ceviche, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it. The unique blend of flavors and textures is perfect for any occasion – from casual get-togethers with friends to fancy dinner parties. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – your taste buds will thank you!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
The Frankfurter Ceviche is an ideal dish to prepare ahead of time, saving you precious minutes before your guests arrive. You can chop and mix all the ingredients, as per the directions in the recipe, and keep them refrigerated in separate containers for up to 24 hours. This will dramatically cut down on your prep work when you’re ready to assemble the dish.
Once cooked, the Frankfurter Ceviche does not store well as it needs to be eaten fresh to maintain its zesty flavors. However, if you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for no more than 24 hours.
If you need to reheat it, transfer the ceviche into a heat-safe bowl and microwave on high for two minutes. However, it’s essential to note that overheating or overcooking the frankfurters and other ingredients can affect their texture and taste. So, only reheat what you need and avoid reheating multiple times.
In conclusion, while it’s best to enjoy the Frankfurter Ceviche fresh, with all ingredients raw and crisp, it’s still possible to prepare some aspects in advance so long as you keep everything separate until it’s time to serve. If you do have leftovers that need reheating, be careful not to overcook them to maintain their delicious flavors!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you know how to prepare the Frankfurter Ceviche, let me share with you some tips to ensure a perfect result every time.
1. Use fresh ingredients: This recipe relies heavily on the freshness of the ingredients. Use only freshly squeezed lime juice for the best flavor.
2. Adjust seasoning: The beauty of this recipe is that you can adjust the seasoning to your liking. Add more salt, pepper or cilantro depending on your preference.
3. Chill properly: Once your ceviche is ready, make sure to put it in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will allow all the flavors to meld together and intensify.
4. Experiment with variations: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of sausages or meats. Try using chorizo or ham instead of hot dogs for a different flavor profile.
5. Pair it right: When serving, pair your Frankfurter Ceviche with something crunchy like tortilla chips or tostadas to add texture to the dish. It also makes a great companion to an ice-cold beer or Coca Cola.
6. Don’t skimp on cilantro: If you’re a fan of cilantro like me, don’t skimp out on it! The fresh herb adds a bright and flavorful punch to this dish.
Follow these tips for a perfect Frankfurter Ceviche every time and impress your family and friends with this unique twist on a classic ceviche recipe.
Frankfurter Ceviche, or Ceviche De Salchichas O Salchichon, is a unique and flavorful dish that brings together elements from both Brazilian and American cuisine. With its bold mix of fresh lime juice, pepper, salt, cilantro leaf, and chopped tomato, this dish is truly a delight for the taste buds.
While some may be hesitant to try something as unconventional as a hot dog ceviche, I can assure you that it is an experience you won’t soon forget. The combination of chopped frankfurters, vienna sausages, and even bacon create a texture that perfectly complements the freshness of the other ingredients.
And with so many possible variations and substitutions, you can easily make a version of this dish that suits your preferences. From using different types of sausage to incorporating other meats like chicken or ham, there are endless possibilities for experimentation.
Overall, Frankfurter Ceviche is a dynamic and exciting recipe that I highly recommend trying out. So gather some ingredients and get ready to experience the bold flavors of this delicious dish – it’s definitely worth it!
Frankfurter Ceviche (Ceviche De Salchichas O Salchichon) Recipe
- 2 cups chopped frankfurters (or Vienna sausages)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Drain any excess liquid before serving.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Dora is a chef well-versed in Brazilian and American cuisine. After a hard day's work in the kitchen of her restaurant, she finds the time to jot down recipes for her food blog. Her recipes are sure to delight foodies everywhere, as she strives to make each one unique and enjoyable to read.