Welcome to my recipe article on how to make Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding! This recipe is a delicious and healthier version of the classic Brazilian dessert, creme de abacate. It’s also vegan, so everyone can enjoy it.
As a chef specializing in Brazilian cuisine, I find this recipe to be one of my favorites. The combination of avocados with citrus flavors such as lime juice and orange zest, along with the warm spice of cinnamon, creates a flavor profile that is both rich and refreshing.
But don’t just take my word for it. This recipe has gained popularity in recent years, even among celebrities like Kourtney Kardashian. The best thing about this vegan avocado dessert is that you only need four ingredients and a food processor or blender to make it.
So if you’re looking for a tasty, dairy-free dessert that’s easy to make, keep reading!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a unique and delectable dessert recipe? Look no further than Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding! This creamy, Vegan version of the classic Brazilian dessert is a guilt-free indulgence that’s sure to become a favorite among your friends and family.
First off, avocados are the star ingredient in this recipe, making it one of the healthiest dessert choices on the market. Not only are they packed with heart-healthy fats, but they also contain more potassium than bananas! And let’s not forget about their creamy texture which infuses a refreshing taste into the pudding.
Moreover, this recipe requires only four ingredients and takes as little as 15 minutes to make with minimal fuss. You won’t have to worry about slogging through hours of baking or making complicated substitutions for dairy products.
This recipe can be enjoyed any time of year due to its versatility. The avocado cream pudding is great on its own or served on top of fresh fruit or a slice of cake. And if you want something different, why not freeze it to create an avocado ice cream? It’s perfect for cool summer nights or an excellent way to end any meal.
So if you want to impress your guests with a unique and flavorful dessert, try this Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding vegan version. You’ll love the nutritional benefits, ease of preparation, and delicious taste.
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need to create this delicious Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding (Vegan Version) recipe:
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2-4 limes depending on size)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup for a sweeter taste)
- 1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons creme de abacate or vanilla extract
- Optional: cinnamon for garnish
You’ll also need a food processor or blender to blend the ingredients until smooth.
The Recipe How-To
Preparing the Avocado Mix
- Cut 2 medium ripe avocados and scoop them into a food processor or blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest, and 2 to 4 tablespoons of sugar (depending on your desired sweetness) to the food processor or blender.
- Blend the mixture until it is completely smooth and forms a creamy puree.
Making the Pudding
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and bring it to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Then, add the avocado mixture to the saucepan and whisk continuously for 5-7 minutes, or until it is heated through.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk and stir well until everything is fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into cups or ramekins and let them cool at room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Chill them in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
You can garnish Brazilian avocado cream pudding with your favorite toppings like sliced avocado, shredded coconut, drizzled chocolate syrup, or chopped nuts.
This vegan version of avocado cream pudding reminds me of a tropical paradise that transports my taste buds to Brazil every time I have it. And who knew that avocados could make such a rich and creamy dessert? Well, now you do!
Substitutions and Variations
My Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding recipe is already fantastic, but there are always ways to make it your own. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– For a lighter option, you can replace the sugar with a natural sweetener like honey, maple syrup or agave nectar.
– If you prefer a different flavor profile, try adding some orange zest or cinnamon to the mixture. These aromatics will add depth and complexity to the pudding’s taste.
– You can also infuse the pudding with extra lime juice for a more citrusy vibe that will elevate its freshness.
– For a vegan version of chocolate mousse, add cocoa powder and blend with the avocado cream until it reaches the desired texture. This variation is an excellent choice for all the chocolate lovers out there!
– If you want to experiment further, consider mixing this pudding with other traditional Brazilian ingredients like creme de abacate, which is a deliciously rich and creamy avocado beverage.
– For a healthier twist on this dessert, use raw coconut cream instead of condensed milk in your recipe. It makes for a lighter yet still indulgent finish.
– Finally, you can always top your avocado pudding with some fresh fruit or nuts. A sprinkle of chopped pistachios, pomegranate seeds, or coconut flakes will add texture and color and make your creation even more impressive.
Remember, these are just ideas! Feel free to play around with the recipe until you find your perfect match. The beauty of cooking is that you get to make it your own!
Serving and Pairing
Now that you’ve prepared this Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding (Vegan Version) recipe and are ready to serve, let me tell you about some wonderful pairing options to complement the delicious flavors found in the pudding.
First, consider a sprinkle of orange zest on top of the pudding. The citrusy aroma and taste of the zest will perfectly complement the smooth avocado flavor in your dessert.
Another option is to add a pinch of cinnamon powder, which brings its warm spice notes to balance the creaminess of the pudding.
You can also try adding lime juice on top for a refreshing tang that would cut through the richness of the avocado. This gives a unique twist to the traditional Brazilian avocado cream.
If you want to skip garnishing altogether, you can simply serve it with some vegan vanilla ice cream to elevate its taste and texture. The hot and cold combination together is divine and makes for an impressive final product.
Finally, creme de abacate can be topped over this creamy pudding as well as fresh fruit like berries or kiwi for a healthier, fresh approach. It’s perfect for an afternoon snack or even as an after-dinner dessert, just like Kourtney Kardashian does!
When it comes to pairing drinks with your vegan dessert, consider options like warm tea, coconut milk or a refreshing glass of Vietnamese avocado smoothie. They go so well together!
These intriguing pairings will create an experience that celebrates all aspects of taste and texture in a single bite, leaving your guests saying “wow!”
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Alright, let’s talk about how to make-ahead our Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding (Vegan Version), store it and reheat it. First things first, this vegan dessert recipe can be made a day in advance without any issues. Once you have made the pudding, allow it to cool down to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate it.
When storing the avocado cream pudding, be mindful of how long you keep it for. It will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator before going bad, so make sure you consume it within that timeframe. When reheating the pudding, place it in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir continuously until heated through. You can also opt to reheat this delicious dessert in the microwave if you prefer.
Now, if you want to get creative with your leftovers or just generally switch things up while avoiding food waste, I do have some suggestions for you! You can freeze the avocado cream pudding and turn it into a homemade ice cream recipe – simply pour the cooled pudding into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Another option is blending it with some frozen fruits like bananas, strawberries or mangoes for an avocado smoothie bowl!
Ultimately, there are so many ways to enjoy this delicious Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding (Vegan Version) and I encourage you to explore all of them. From serving it fresh out of the fridge or reheating it for a cozy dessert, to turning it into an ice cream or a smoothie bowl – whichever way you choose, your taste buds will definitely thank you!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, let me share with you some tips on how to make the perfect Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding (Vegan Version).
1. Use ripe avocados
Make sure your avocados are ripe and soft. To check if an avocado is ripe, gently press the outside with your thumb. If it gives a little, it is ready to use.
2. Blend everything in a food processor or blender
To achieve a smooth and creamy consistency, blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. This will ensure that everything is evenly mixed and smooth.
3. Chill before serving
After blending all the ingredients, chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, so it can thicken and develop its flavors.
4. Experiment with toppings
While this pudding is delicious on its own, feel free to experiment with toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, shredded coconut, or chocolate chips.
5. Use fresh citrus juice
For best results, use freshly squeezed lime juice and orange zest in this recipe. The addition of citrus brings out the flavors of the avocado and adds a refreshing note to the pudding.
6. Don’t overmix
Be careful not to overmix the ingredients when blending, as this can result in a soupy consistency rather than a thick, creamy texture.
7. Add sweetener gradually
The amount of sweetness in this recipe is adjustable based on personal preference. Start by adding 1/4 cup of sugar and adjust accordingly if needed.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a perfect Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding every time!
As with any recipe, there may be some questions that come up during the preparation of the Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding (Vegan Version). In this section, we’ll address some of the most commonly asked questions about this delicious dessert to help ensure perfect results every time. So, let’s get started!
How does Kourtney Kardashian make her avocado pudding?
First, start by peeling the avocado and removing its seed. Then, add the avocado to the blender along with some sugar, milk, and honey. Make sure to blend everything together until it becomes incredibly smooth. If you have a sweet tooth, feel free to add some extra sweeteners to the mix to make this avocado pudding even sweeter. Once everything is blended and ready to go, serve it up immediately for a delicious treat.
What is the avocado thing that Kourtney Kardashian makes?
In this recipe, you will discover how to create a tantalizing avocado pudding smoothie bowl that will surprise and delight your taste buds. By blending together a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a delicious and healthy treat that you can enjoy any time of the day. Finish it off with fresh fruit and granola for added texture and flavor.
In conclusion, this Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding (Vegan Version) recipe is a must-try for any dessert lover. It’s an indulgent treat that delivers on taste and nutrition. By using whole, plant-based ingredients such as ripe avocado, unsweetened almond milk, and sweetened condensed milk, you can create a healthier version of a classic Brazilian dessert.
This vegan version of the pudding has been tweaked to match the authentic version’s flavor profile while cutting down on dairy content. This cream pudding made with ripe avocados is deliciously creamy and has a rich flavor with hints of cinnamon and lime.
Whether you’re a fan of Kourtney Kardashian’s avocado smoothie or trying out genuine Brazilian cuisine to impress friends and family, this recipe is perfect for any occasion. It’s quick and easy to make, requires only four ingredients, and can be served chilled or frozen as an ice cream alternative.
So go ahead and try this amazing vegan dessert recipe today. I promise you’ll love it!
Brazilian Avocado Cream Pudding (Vegan Version) Recipe
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- cinnamon (or other spices)
- orange zest (or lemon zest)
- Peel and seed the avocados. Place avocado meat, sugar, and lime juice.
- in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Add just enough milk to give the mixture a creamy, pudding-like consistency.
- Spoon mixture into 6 dessert dishes, ramekins, etc. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour and serve cold.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Dora is a chef well-versed in Brazilian and American cuisine. After a hard day's work in the kitchen of her restaurant, she finds the time to jot down recipes for her food blog. Her recipes are sure to delight foodies everywhere, as she strives to make each one unique and enjoyable to read.