KITCHEN ON CARY TO OFFER SPECIAL THREE-COURSE PRIX-FIXE DINNER MENU FOR RICHMOND RESTAURANT WEEK
RICHMOND, Va. – Oct. 11, 2017 – Kitchen on Cary is pleased to be participating in Richmond Restaurant Week Oct. 23-29. Located at 1331 E. Cary St., the restaurant will offer a specially crafted, three-course, prix-fixe menu for just $29.17 per person plus tax and gratuity. A portion of each meal’s proceeds will benefit FeedMore, the umbrella organization for the Central Virginia Food Bank and Meals on Wheels. The menu will be served from 5 to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday during Restaurant Week. Guests are encouraged to make a reservation by calling the restaurant at 804-643-1315 or through the website, www.kitchenoncary.com, via Open Table.
WHAT: Richmond Restaurant Week at Kitchen on Cary
WHEN: Oct. 23-29, 2017. (Please note that Sunday’s dinner service will be 5-9 pm)
WHERE: Kitchen on Cary – 1331 E. Cary St., Richmond, VA 23219
RESERVATIONS: Call 804-643-1315 or visit www.kitchenoncary.com
“Restaurant Week always provides such a unique opportunity to celebrate our thriving, local food scene,” says Executive Chef Michael Macknight. “In addition to exercising our creativity in crafting this exclusive menu, we also look forward to partnering with other restaurants as well as our city’s foodies to support FeedMore’s mission to fight hunger in Central Virginia.”
The menu created by Macknight will feature fresh, locally sourced selections characterized by big, local flavor and Kitchen on Cary’s farm-to-table philosophy. Guests will be able to choose from a variety of dishes for each course, to include:
First Course (choose one):
- Beet Soup / Gremolata / Caraway Yogurt / Radish Sprouts
- Manakintowne Lettuces / Goat Cheese / Dried Cherries / Toasted Pepitas / Honey-Raspberry Dressing
- Southern-Fried Chapel Creek Oysters / Rockefeller Aioli
- Pork Rinds & Pimento Cheese / “Virginia Pete” Hot Sauce / Pickled Vegetables
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts / Bleu Cheese / Pancetta / Caramelized Onion / Pomegranete Gastrique
- Chesapeake Crab Cake / Sweet Corn & Surry Ham Ragout / Corn Shoots
Main Course (choose one):
- Market Fish / Wakame Salad / Coconut Curry Sauce / Basmati Wild Rice / Crispy Noodle
- Sweet-Tea Brined Pork Tenderloin / Cranberry-Pear Chutney / Chipotle Sweet Potato Mash / Daily Veg
- Beef Short Rib / Beef Cheek Bourginon / Root Vegetable Dauphinoise / Daily Veg
- Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf “V.L.P.” / Roasted Garlic Potatoes / Crispy Onions / Marsala Gravy / Daily Veg
- House Gnocchi / Fall Squash / Swiss Chard / Wild Mushroom / Brown Butter / Sonoma Dry Jack
- Jamaican Jerk Caramel Grilled Chicken / Calypso Beans / Yellow Rice / West Indies Cracklin’
Dessert (choose one):
- Chocolate-Bourbon-Pecan Bread Pudding / White Chocolate Caramel
- Honey Crisp Apple & Asian Pear Cobbler / Oatmeal Streusel / Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Mousse Tart / Torched Meringue / Pumpkin Seed Brittle
Located in Richmond’s historic Shockoe Slip neighborhood, Kitchen on Cary features locally sourced and seasonal American dining. The restaurant’s commitment to locally sourced and seasonally inspired cuisine has proven popular among its diners. Buying from local producers with its Farm-to-Table strategy allows chefs to offer fresh, bright flavors of the region while providing the healthiest and highest-quality food at an affordable price. Kitchen on Cary is a proud partner of several local farmers and suppliers, including: Manakintowne Specialty Growers, Byrd Mill, Flour Garden Bakery, Chapel Creek Oysters, Heritage Farms, Lang Farm, S. Wallace Edwards & Sons, Goat’s ‘R Us and Hub’s Peanuts.
Macknight, who started at Kitchen on Cary in July of 2015, is a familiar face in the Richmond culinary scene and brings more than 30 years of food industry experience to his position as executive chef. Kitchen on Cary has won numerous awards in recent years, including TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence in 2014 and 2016, the People Love Us on Yelp Award in 2015 and OpenTable’s Diner’s Choice in 2013, 2014 and 2016.
Kitchen on Cary also serves a place for local Culinard students and graduates to gain real-world experience through its partnership with Culinard, the Culinary Institute of Virginia College in Richmond. Kitchen on Cary’s staff of professional chefs provide a learning lab and teaching establishment for culinary and pastry art students to gain real world experience while giving Richmond diners a unique dining experience.
The restaurant will offer complimentary validated parking for guests of the event in the 14th and Cary Street parking deck. For more information about Kitchen on Cary or to reserve your table for Restaurant Week, visit www.kitchenoncary.com or call 804-643-1315.